The Australian Reproductive Genetic Carrier Screening Project (Mackenzie’s Mission) is funded by the Australian Government’s Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) as part of the Genomics Health Futures Mission (GHFM) grant GHFM73390 (MRFF-G-MM). The grant is administered by the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (MCRI), through Australian Genomics. The contents of the Mackenzie’s Mission website are solely the responsibility of Mackenzie’s Mission and do not reflect the views of the MRFF.
“We”, “us” or “our” refers to the Murdoch Children’s Research Institute (ABN 21 006 566 972).
We may amend or update this policy at our discretion. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
- Your consent
If you choose to provide us with personal information, you also expressly consent to the transfer and storage of that information on the servers of our reputable third party suppliers of IT infrastructure. Those servers are located in Melbourne, Australia.
- What is personal information?
Personal information means any information or opinion, whether true or not, about you from which your identity is apparent or can reasonably be established.
- What, how and why we collect your personal information
When visiting our website, we automatically collect and store the following information:
- the name of the domain from which you access the Internet (for example, unimelb.edu.au if you are connecting from The University of Melbourne’s domain);
- the date and time you access our website; and
- the internet address of the website from which you linked to our site.
We use such information to measure the number of visitors to the different sections of our website, and to help us make our website more useful to visitors.
If you decide to send us personal information, for example, in an electronic communication containing a question or comment, by completing an online profile, making a donation, subscribing to our research updates and newsletter function or otherwise sharing your personal information with us, we may use such information:
- to respond to your requests and contact you when necessary;
- to verify your identity;
- to process donations and provide receipts;
- to provide you with targeted content about us and activities to which you are interested in;
- to promote our programs and activities including fundraising events and activities;
- to send you news and further information about us including promotional material which we believe may be of interest to you; and
- to undertake research for us including by participating in voluntary surveys and polls.
Your personal information may include your name, address, telephone numbers, email address, your child’s name, age and school or bank/credit card details if you are donating.
If you do not wish to have your or your child’s personal information used for our promotional or marketing activities, you may always opt-out of receiving future mailings (see the “Opt Out” section in our Terms & Conditions).
- Who do we disclose your personal information to?
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties except to:
- parties that you authorise us to disclose your personal information to;
- our partners, affiliates, contractors and consultants who assist us in providing services to us and are required by us to protect your personal information;
- your organisation, if you are acting on behalf of an organisation;
- law enforcement or other government agencies or by a court or like body;
- our professional advisors; or
- where we are otherwise permitted or required by the Privacy Act or any other law.
You have the option of whether to provide personal information or to remain anonymous. If you prefer that we not collect your personal information, please do not submit or provide it. Please note that we may not be able to fully provide our services to you or respond to you if you choose not to provide personal information.
- Accuracy and access to your personal information
We value the importance of keeping our records current and your right to access personal information we hold about you. If you think that any information we hold about you is inaccurate or if you wish to access your personal information or complain about our use of it, please contact us on the details below.
We will take all reasonable steps to comply with your request and if we deny your request for access, we will tell you why.
In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure of your personal information, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you. Any personal information you provide us with is added to a secure database maintained by us.
This website secures your private information by using a SSL (secure socket layer) certificate for all information provided via our website.
We take reasonable steps to keep personal information secure from unauthorized use or disclosure. However, the Internet is not a secure environment. If you send us information via the Internet you do so at your own risk.
- Contact us